College Information

Create a Parchment Account - Create a Learner account to submit your transcripts electronically.



Students wishing to have an excused absence for a college visitation must follow these procedures:

  1. Obtain a Request for College Visitation Day Form and a College Visit Verification Form. Forms can be obtained from the attendance office or by clicking the underlined links.

  2. Return the completed College Visitation Form to the attendance office prior to your visit for approval.

  3. Return the College Verification From to the attendance office upon returning to school.

Carroll High School may confirm college appointments. Failure to follow the above procedures will result in an unexcused absence. College visitation days count toward the total 10 day absent limit. College visitation days are not granted to extend vacations nor can they occur the last five days of the semester.


How do you apply to colleges?

  1. Go to the specific college's website and complete the online application. Pay the application fee online with a credit card or mail a check via US Mail. If you use a paper application instead, turn it into Mrs. Watkins (Guidance secretary) in the Guidance department with a stamped envelope.
  2. To send an electronic transcript, log on and register with Docufide by clicking CHS-Parchment . To sign up for a new account, follow these directions:
    1. Go to
    2. Click Sign Up button
    3. Create Account - student will provide email address and password
    4. Complete Personal Information
    5. Confirmation - student will receive a confirmation email and can proceed to add their school to the account.
  3. Use the Instructions to continue and to request your transcript.
  4. If your college application requires a counselor form (ESSR), check the appropriate box in Parchment.
  5. If you need teacher letters of recommendation, you may either give the teachers stamped, addressed envelopes or mail them yourself.

If you are applying to a college that uses the Common Application (Common App), you do not need to request a transcript be sent through Parchment. You will need to set up an account at and apply through their website. The list of colleges in Indiana who use Common App is available here.

It is recommended that you go on a campus visit to prospective colleges either on your own or during a scheduled campus visit day. Follow the college visitation procedure if you choose to visit during the school day.