Skip to main content

College Information Home

College Application Process And Transcript Request

How do you apply to colleges?

  1. Go to the specific college's website and complete the online application. Pay the application fee online with a credit card or mail a check via US Mail. If you use a paper application instead, turn it into Mrs. Watkins (Guidance secretary) in the Guidance department with a stamped envelope.
  2. To send an electronic transcript, log on and register with Docufide by clicking CHS-Parchment. To sign up for a new account, follow these directions:
    1. Go to
    2. Click Sign Up button
    3. Create Account - student will provide email address and password
    4. Complete Personal Information
    5. Confirmation - student will receive a confirmation email and can proceed to add their school to the account.
  3. Use the Instructions to continue and to request your transcript.
  4. If your college application requires a counselor form (ESSR), check the appropriate box in Parchment.
  5. If you need teacher letters of recommendation, you may either give the teachers stamped, addressed envelopes or mail them yourself.

If you are applying to a college that uses the Common Application (Common App), you do not need to request a transcript be sent through Parchment. You will need to set up an account at Common App and apply through their website. The list of colleges in Indiana that use Common App is available here.

It is recommended that you go on a campus visit to prospective colleges either on your own or during a scheduled campus visit day. Follow the college visitation procedure if you choose to visit during the school day.

College Visit Process

Students wishing to have an excused absence for a college visitation must follow these procedures:

  1. Obtain a Request for College Visitation Day Form and a College Visit Verification Form. Forms can be obtained from the attendance office or by clicking the underlined links.

  2. Return the completed College Visitation Form to the attendance office prior to your visit for approval.

  3. Return the College Verification Form to the attendance office upon returning to school.

Carroll High School may confirm college appointments. Failure to follow the above procedures will result in an unexcused absence. College visitation days count toward the total 10-day absent limit. College visitation days are not granted to extend vacations nor can they occur the last five days of the semester.

Request An Ivy Tech Transcript

If you have taken dual credit courses with Ivy Tech and would like to order your transcript for use at another college or university, follow these steps:

  • Visit
  • In the taskbar, locate the "Order-Track-Verify" drop-down menu and select "Order or Track a Transcript"
  • In the "Select School" drop-down menu, select Ivy Tech Community College and Click "Submit"
  • Read the important information listed about ordering a transcript and then click "Start" at the bottom of the page
  • Complete the information step by step until you come to the sign consent section, at which point you will submit your request
  • Your request can take 5-7 business days to be processed and sent to the designated email or physical address you have chosen.